Field Service Technician
Innovative Surface Prep (ISP) is expanding its operations and needs Field Service Technicians. If you are interested in becoming a member of an industry leading team that operates and maintains robotic ultra-high pressure water jetting equipment, you should apply. ISP is a specialty contractor that serves the onshore/offshore oil &gas and marine industry across the United States.
Applicants must be mechanically inclined and have experience in a similar field of work. Electrical background is a plus but not a necessity for applying. Applicants must also be able to possess a TWIC Card and be able to pass an entry physical and drug screening. Employment packages include competitive wages based on experience, full benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, and a company vehicle while on jobs.
- Follow all the company's procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to operate ISP owned equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair ISP owned equipment.
- Responsible for safety of all ISP employees and to ensure all ISP employees are working safely and assisting with mitigating safety concerns.
- Communicating safety concerns or issues to the entire ISP Team.
- Carrying out the job plan based upon the Lead Technician’s, Project Manager’s, and Operations Manager’s direction.
- Communicating to the Lead Technician and/or Project Manager while on a job site, or the Operations Manager when in the shop of any safety concerns, issues with equipment, concerns or issues with assigned tasks.
- Responsible for the job site cleanliness and organization. To include ISP owned equipment and/or vehicles.
- Carryout job assignments with respect and good attitude.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet up to 8 hours a day
- Great communication skills verbally and written
- Above average problem-solving skills
- Ability to diagnose problems with equipment
- Great mechanical aptitude
- Ability to communicate in English
Innovative Surface Prep (ISP) is a leading UHP service provider in automation, smart blasting, and robotics. Our world class team partners with customers to optimize safety, production, and quality. We are a technology driven company focused on our People, our Customers, Technology, Quality, and Environment.
Innovative Surface Prep is more than a Job it’s a community, a family, and career you can be proud of. From the top to the bottom, we all work together towards a common goal.
Innovative Surface Prep offers competitive compensation, benefits packages and provide you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
- Prepares, modifies and maintains Manufacturing Drawings and associated 3D Models with a high attention to detail, standards and consistency.
- Prepares, modifies and maintains Purchase Drawings with high degree of attention to detail, standards and consistency.
- Prepares, modifies and maintains Process, Standards and Procedural documentation with high degree of attention to detail, standards and consistency.
- Prepares, modifies and maintains Assembly, Disassembly, and Maintenance Drawings/3D Models with a high attention to detail, standards and consistency.
- Prepares, modifies and maintains Bills of Materials with high degree of attention to detail, standards and consistency
- Performs tolerance studies to establish product functional risksassociated with tolerance stack up
- Performs dimensional checks on prototype parts. Measures existing equipment to created needed drawings/3D Models.
- Under the guidance of engineering staff, supports the preparation and modification of product Design Layouts and associated 3D Models.
- Under guidance from engineering staff, supports the preparation and maintenance of product technical document build procedures and specification sheets.
- Under guidance from engineering staff, supports the preparation of design calculations associated with new product design, modification and disposition decision making.
- Attends, supports and contributes to product design reviews.
- Proactively supports the continual improvement of engineering output standardization and best practice.
- Associates Degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent
- 5+ years of Drafting experience
- 5+ years of Design work experience
- Skilled in 2D and 3D modeling software.Preferred SolidWorks Experience
- Skilled in part management system. Preferred SoildWorks & PDM Vault System
- Excellent Computer Skills, Microsoft Office, andassociated Engineering Systems.
- Good management and people skills, communicates well both verbally and written to all levels of the organization.
- Above average problem-solving skills
- Ability to diagnose complex problems and articulate potential solutions to engineering team and management
- Ability to perform under pressure with competence and professionalism.
- Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering practices, standards, specifications and regulations particularly related to the oil and gas industry.
- A background in a manufacturing discipline preferred.
- Able and willing to push through constraints in an engaging and collaborative manner.
- Committed to providing a quality drafting service, with an ability to challenge themselves and think outside the box.
- Can work both under instruction and independently.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, and team oriented.
- Good team player.
- Function effectively under pressure throughout busy periods.